Church of St. Euphemia.
The church of Saint Euphemia is located in Genico, in a splendid panoramic position, perched on a spur of rock that takes its name from Sasso di Musso. The church was a part of the old fortifications of the castle of Musso, was damaged in 1532 by the Swiss Grisons when they conquered the castle. The bishop Niguarda on his visit in 1593 described the church as roofless, with the vault and the paintings still intact. The current construction dates back to 1662, it is a building with a single nave with the entrance sheltered by a porch supported by two columns. According to a legend, Euphemia was a woman of Sueglio, a town located on the opposite side of the lake in Val Varrone
. The woman was hated by her fellow villagers and one night, supported by the faith she crossed the lake sawing its waters with a carpenter's saw, she came on the spur of Musso and began doing great good works, so that at her death the church was built in her honor. For many years, on the day of Saint Euphemia, the inhabitants of the valley of Dervio went on a pilgrimage to the church.
Parish church of Saint Biagio.
In the historic center of Musso we find the church of Saint Biagio, built in the twelfth century, previously dedicated to Saints Nazarene and Celsus. The parish was erected in 1387 and named after St. Biagio; the present building in Lombard-Romanesque style with three naves dates back to 1507. Inside the church we can see the frescoes of Saint Antonio the Abate dated back to 1502 and St. Defendente, works by the painter Battista Malacrida
, native of the village of Musso. On the vault and above the columns there are nineteenth-century frescoes by Luigi Tagliaferri
. The current bell tower dates back to 1730, under the portico we find the tombstone of the Malacrida family, we recognize the emblem and read the names of some members of the house.