Rooms and internal decorations of Villa Monastero are modelled after Baroque and German rococo, with regards to the architectural work done by Kees between 1897 and 1909 and worth mentioning is the realisation of the Scalone (staircase) which connect the ground floor to the first floor. Even the villa’s furniture reveals previous characteristics and styles, there are actually neo-Renaissance, neo-rococo, Liberty, manneristic, and Baroque rooms.
Among the various halls of Villa Monastero, we mention:
- Counsel Room, mentioned in the inventories of the beginning of the century with the name Sala Verde (Green Room), perhaps for the colour of the furnishings and the draperies.
- Kennedy Room, was the private room of Carlotta Kees, wife of the penultimate owner of the villa the painted ceiling and the decorated flooring are of a 19th century craftsmanship.
- Mornico Sitting Room, ancient room used as a library by the Mornico family in 1700, currently the room is decorated with furniture belonging to Marco de Marchi.
- Red Room which owes its name to the colour of the neo-rococo furnishings, when the villa was owned by the Kees family, the room was used as a reception hall.
- Black Room, call so because of the furnishings and rugs held her at the end of the 19th century, the room is located on the ground floor and used as an entertainment room.
- Conference Room, the room is used today as a Conference Room; dedicated to physicist Enrico Fermi who, in 1954, participated in the courses organised by the Università degli Studi di Milano.
Lierna is affirming itself ever more as a tourist site, the quiet and beauty of this land makes it a very esteemed vacation spot, we'd like to point out the Riva Bianca - one the Lake Como's most beautiful beaches.Lierna
Various theme cruises are organized by the Lake Navigation Management, besides the normal lake navigation service, in July and August, it is possible to take a cruise on the Concordia with restaurant service.Navigation
Bellano on Lake Como, is just a few kilometers from Varenna toward Colico, and it stands on a cape, where the vast panorama embraces the lake's western shores, from Menaggio up to Dongo, Bellano is famous for l'Orrido (Ravine).Bellano