Nesso is located on the Como-side shore of lake Como, along the road which leads from Como to Bellagio. The town's historical center stands on the point in which the two torrents: Tuf and Nosè, unite and form a waterfall that takes the name from the Nesso Ravine, diving into the waters of the Lario. Nesso has Celtic origins; the Romans conquered it in 196 BC; the people of Como destroyed it when it aligned itself with Milan during the 10 year war. In 1497 Nesso's stronghold was donated by Ludovico Sforza to Lucrezia Crivelli; in 1538 it was possessed by Angelo Corio and from 1647 to 1787 by the Casnedi family.
Nesso has many tourist attractions, we recommend the Ravine Cascade, visible from Piazza Castello and from the Medieval Civera bridge on the shore of lake Como, reachable from the villages of Riva and Coatesa. The bridge - of a Romanesque double arch origin - in Val Nuseè is of particular interest.
Among Nesso's the historical buildings we suggest the little church of St. Martino (located in Careno, one of lake Como's most characteristic places), a single nave church, built in the 12th century, is dominated by a majestic bell tower attached at its façade; the church of St. Maria in Vico valued Benzi paintings, and the parish of Saints Peter and Paul built in a Baroque style in the 17th century.
Interesting from a hydro-geological point of view are: the Masera grotto in Careno, and the Boeucc del Castell and Falchi della Rupe springs in Castello. There are many walks and trips that can be taken in Nesso. The path which reconstructs the antique Regia road - which connected Como to Bellagio - is very striking. Climbing back up the valley from Nesso you reach the towns of Velso and Zelbio, and from here you reach Pian del Tivano, a remarkable hollow, rich with natural grottoes and karst springs.
Lezzeno stands on the western shore of Lake Como, is also famous for a gastronomic specialty: Missoltini, fresh water fish (shad) - sun dried and grilled. There are many artisan businesses, from the ship yards to car mechanics.Lezzeno
Various theme cruises are organized by the Lake Navigation Management, besides the normal lake navigation service, in July and August, it is possible to take a cruise on the Concordia with restaurant service.Navigation
Pognana Lario was once famous for its Moltrasio stone mines, this building stone, used by the Masters of Comacini, is characterized by gray-blue streaks. It's a must to visit the church of San Miro, situated in the hamlet of Rovasco.Pognana Lario