Villa Camilla was built at the beginning of the 1600s by Calderara nobles. At the end of 1800, after many property transfers, it became the Sebregondi family residence. It is named after Count Sebregondi's first wife, Countess Camilla Barbiano di Belgioioso. Since 1950 the villa has been used as Domaso's City Hall Building. Besides the city offices, it hosts events of a cultural character, painting exhibitions, concerts, and antique shows and various other events, and through time has become a reference point for the Upper Lake's tourism economy.
La villa, of a neoclassical style, and rectangular floor-plan, holds a priceless cultural value. Its stone terrace is characteristic. The structure of Villa Camilla has not undergone great changes throughout the years, but the same cannot be said for its decorations and the stuccoes that have had various modifications at times even inappropriately.
Villa Camilla's park stretches across nearly 8,000 m2, artificial tuff grottoes and many varieties of Camellias, Citron and Conifer trees can be admired there. The park covers three sides of the villa. The entrance is on the south side. There's a grassy area on the north side used for cultural events. A nearly 260 m2 area of prestigious Camellias, and the true park area are on the east side. In the circa 5,000 m2 area with paths, lawns and plants we find Redwood, Palm, Larch, Laurel and Magnolia trees. The circa 560 m2 area dedicated to the Camellias is particularly interesting. Through the years, Villa Camilla's park has been slightly reduced due to the construction of a building and a few road works.
Villa Camilla - Domaso - Via Giuseppe Garibaldi (+39) 0344 95073.
The town offers an excellent range of accommodation options, restaurants, private lidos and beaches with bathing facilities. Its splendid position and reliable wind make Gera Lario an ideal spot for sailing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.Gera Lario
Various theme cruises are organized by the Lake Navigation Management, besides the normal lake navigation service, in July and August, it is possible to take a cruise on the Concordia with restaurant service.Navigation
Garavedona is an important commercial and a summer vacation centre. Among the buildings stands out that which once belonged to the Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio, called the palace of the four towers, designed by Pellegrini in 1500s.Gravedona